Pirate Chaser Sails
During the summer months special “Pirate Chaser Adventure Sails” are scheduled on the tall ship Friends Good Will for the younger set, Wednesday though Saturday. The crew briefs the young recruits on operations and procedures that will insure not only the sighting of pirates, but also the capturing of the scoundrels and, in the tradition of the buccaneers, sharing in their loot. Never has so much adventure been packed into one 90-minute sail. For details and reservations call 1 800 747 3810 or purchase tickets online.
For more details on what we have to offer, check out this posting by Adventure Mom:
How to Catch a Pirate
- Book passage on a Friends Good Will Pirate Chaser Sail.
- Get a dockside briefing by the Captain on recent pirate sightings in the area.
- Board the tall ship Friends Good Will with your fellow recruits, cast off the dock, and follow the Black River into Lake Michigan…then hoist the sails high.
- Look for pirates.
- Upon sighting, fire a warning shot over their bow, overtake their ship…or if the pirates are attacking repel, them with gusto.
- Capture the scoundrels, recover our treasure, and sail for home to divide the spoils.
Sails open to children 4 years and up. No exceptions.
Children must be accompanied by an adult.
Tariff: $37 per person.
90 minute Pirate Chaser Sails will take place on Lake Michigan.
In the event of inclement weather fares will be refunded or accredited to a future sail.
Go/No Go weather decisions at sole discretion of the captain.
Fun for the whole family!
See our Friends Good Will schedule for sail times.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do I need to bring lifejackets?
No. Friends Good Will follows all US Coast Guard regulations and has plenty of adult and child-sized lifejackets aboard. We will show you where they are stored at boarding time.