Currently under construction, this incredible new Museum building contains exhibits as well as multiple rental spaces for a variety of group sizes and functions. Lofted ceilings and many water-facing windows give the feeling of bringing the outside in. The Maritime Heritage Center will open in summer of 2022 and we are currently booking for the fall.
Get the most of our waterfront location by booking one of outdoor spaces. Each space has a stunning view of South Haven harbor and can accommodate both large and small events.
Located along the channel overlooking the Black River, the historic Keeper’s House Grounds are the prefect venue for smaller, more intimate functions. This location is available to Museum Members only on a seasonal limited basis.
Ready to Book Your Event?
If you are interested in booking an event with us, and would like more information on venues, availability and pricing, please fill out our Event Inquiry Form.
Smith Grand Atrium
Two-story, open atrium space with views through to the harbor. A wonderful space to network and entertain. Ideal for social and business gatherings.
- 26’ x 75’ Dynamic space
- Lounge space for up to 20 people
- High top tables (not included) for up to 40 people
Monday-Sunday Evenings Only
Jerry Mason Learning Center
Great for classes, workshops, presentations, and group functions.
- 26’ x 50’ Multi-function education space
- Easy access to inside and outside exhibit and campus spaces
- Classroom seating for up to 60 people
- Theater seating for up to 90 people
Saturday-Sunday, Monday-Friday Evenings Only
RB Annis Gallery & Exhibit Hall
With stunning harbor views and private access to the Atrium Overlook and outdoor balcony, this space is perfect for larger events, weddings and anniversaries, conferences, and business gatherings.
- 42’ x 72’
- Seated dining for up to 200 people (275 with combined Atrium Overlook space)
- Theater seating for 300 people (375 with combined Atrium Overlook space)
- Attached catering kitchen amenities
Consumers Credit Union Conference Room
Cottage Home Conference Room
Ideal for business meetings, planning sessions, work retreats, and small groups.
- 16’ x 20’ Private meeting rooms
- Equipped with conference meeting technology
- Waterfront view (Consumers Credit Union Conference Room ONLY)
- Private bathroom
- Can accommodate up to 30 people
- Additional use: Bride & Groom Suites
This relaxing communal area can be enjoyed with the rental of any upper floor space. Break away from a meeting, take a phone call, or enjoy an intimate chat while lounging near a cozy fireplace.
2022 Outdoor Spaces
Winkel Lookout Point (1)
Bergman Courtyard (2)
deBest Family Courtyard (3)
Jan Frizzo & Patrick Allkins Family Event Lawn (4)
Marina View Canopy (5)
Maritime Heritage Center (6)
On-Water Fleet (7)
Winkel Lookout Point
Amazing dock and harbor views from this historic riverfront location. Great for small weddings, business events, and cocktail parties.
- 32’ round canopy
- Seating for 40-50 people
Bergman Courtyard & deBest Family Courtyard
Ideal spaces on the waterfront for picnics, family gatherings, or small parties. These courtyards can be separate or one large combined space.
- 15’ x 40’ lawn and river frontage
- Space for up to 30 people
Jan Frizzo & Patrick Allkins Family Event Lawn
Perfect space for larger groups, receptions, and outdoor functions.
- 40’ x 70’ lawn space with room for rectangular tent (not included)
- Seating for up to 300 people
Marina View Canopy
Beautiful marina views along the east side of the campus. A relaxing space for small gatherings, cocktail parties, and family fun!
- 32’ round canopy
- Seating for up to 30 people
Five historic and replica vessels at our docks offer guests an exciting opportunity to experience history on the water. Consider a private charter on one or more of these boats for truly unforgettable memories.
Visit our On-Water Fleet page for more information about schedule and pricing.
Historic Keeper’s House Lawn
Enjoy the incredible views of the channel and Lake Michigan from the bluff of the historic Keeper’s House grounds. This 1872 home makes the perfect backdrop for private parties, weddings, anniversaries and family gatherings.
- Outdoor lawn space ONLY (Access to the interior of the house is not permitted)
- Space for 50-80 people
- Room for a tent
Available on a seasonal limited basis to Museum Members only